Sunday, August 8, 2010

Exercise and Acne

Filed under Acne Skin Care by Clear Skin Consultant

You may not think that exercising and keeping a fit body can help your acne, but if your diet can help you stay acne free, your exercise regimen can also most definitely be a large part of the equation when it comes to keeping your skin clear and glowing.

Exercise is a key to keeping healthy skin. There are a number of reasons why. Number one, as it related to acne at least in my opinion and experience is the fact that exercise is probably the greatest stress reliever that you can have.

Stress and acne go hand in hand because stress releases hormones that affect your overall balance of testosterone (or androgens, male hormones) and estrogen. Estrogen and androgens, of which we have both even though you are a male or female, can be very delicate to balance.

When they are out of balance, this causes acne. Acne and androgens and too much estrogen or androgens go hand in hand. Exercising helps keep all your hormones in balance. It keeps the stress hormone cortisol in check all the time. Cortisol is the hormone that is released when you are stressed out.

When I exercise, I can almost “feel” the stress flowing out of my body. I also happen to enjoy glowing, healthy looking skin that’s got a healthy color and healthy tone and texture when I’m working out regularly.

When I’m not working out, my skin looks less toned, and takes on a powdery, dry look. I also do tend to break out more because all that stress that I experience builds up in my body. I can literally feel my skin boiling over with potential acne, and I can feel an acne lesion brewing when I’m under a lot of stress.

Exercise banishes those feelings of stress and anxiety. Not only that, it increases circulation, which is necessary to keep your skin healthy and toned. Exercise in itself helps your hormones balanced.

Bookmark or Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment