Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Got a Zit on My Lip! No Scar Though

Filed under Acne Scarring by Clear Skin Consultant

This rarely happens, in fact, I hardly ever really get zits like this any more. I have to be under a lot of stress to get them any more because of my skin care regiment, my diet, and my supplements that I take, as well as, I’m sure, the fact that I am in my mid thirties now and although adult acne can certainly persist for a while I was definitely one of those people who got it the worst when I was a teen and in my early twenties.

Well, I must have had a stressful week, because I started to feel a little lump right on the border of where my lip and my skin meet, on the left side of my face – the upper lip. I actually thought it might be a cold sore at first because of it’s odd location, but I soon figured out by the way it felt and the pressure that was building under the surface, that it was no more than your typical, painful and annoying whitehead and was festering below the surface.

When you get a zit that’s pretty much right on your lip, it’s kind of hard to treat it correctly. This one seemed to be ready to gently extract because it had come to a head and looked really strange there on my lip – my husband even asked if I had a cold sore, and he was shocked because he’d never seen me get one. Even to extract it was very awkward.

I had to sort of grab it from the inside of my mouth and gently squeeze with some tissue and a hot compress, and it still wouldn’t budge so I was stuck with an unsightly whitehead there for a whole day before it came out.

I used a lot of good acne gel on it to encourage it to come to a head, and I also tried the hot compress a few times to get it to come to the surface as well. I even dabbed an acne mask on it at night, which usually works for getting my bad ones to come to a head. It finally worked, and I was able to GENTLY extract the yucky stuff.

However, I was left with a bright red spot that I was afraid would scar. I feared I had extracted it too soon, and you know that means it’s more likely to lead to an acne scar if you do that. But sure enough, it’s been three days later, and I’ve applied my acne scarring stuff to it and it’s pretty much history, red spot and all!

Bookmark or Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment